Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Wild Garlic

The Wild Garlic ended up on my list of places to try when we heard it would be moving to Iwerne Minster. I chose to have my birthday lunch there a couple of weeks ago with my husband and son. It was lovely sunny day so I suggested sitting in the garden (before seeing it).

We had a quick look inside the pub and looks like it was nicely done up but I didn't visit previously so I don't know what it looked like before. The garden cannot really be called a garden, there are few picnic type tables in a small courtyard. But because it was such a lovely day I wanted to stay outside anyway.

We were served by a very friendly gentleman who was happy to come and take our orders outside including drinks. There was enough choice on the menu and we were advised they could make any portion on the menu smaller for the little man who dined with us. This suited us and the little man ended up ordering same as me!


I chose bacon & chorizo pasta and my husband had a burger. Both options were very tasty. Service was excellent. But I would not choose the Wild Garlic on a gorgeous sunny day again because there are so many pubs with lovely gardens around here. However, the restaurant part of the Wild Garlic is not yet open so I would go back there on evening to test it once it's up and running because the bar food was lovely.  

edit 03/07/2013:
 I have been informed by Mat Follas that there are plans to improve the garden for next year with a kitchen garden and a pergola  

No comments:

Post a Comment