Thursday 4 July 2013

The Beckford Arms

When it's one of those days you think you are catching up with friends over a coffee but end up having full lunch... We'll it was me few days ago and we ended up in The Beckford Arms. Mainly because it has been on my list probably even before we moved here, there had been newspaper reviews about them and it must be mentioned in all the Good Pub Guide type of books.

So coffee with friends turned into lunch and what a great lunch it was! It was a Tuesday and the place was pretty much full, I never thought booking was needed mid-week out of holiday season but how wrong was I! Luckily there very few tables free when we got there early.

It was hard to choose from the menu and rather than trying something different I went for my "safe option" of a burger. And I was not disappointed, that definitely was one of the best burgers I have had! Two of my friends chose chicken ceasar salad and they were very happy with their choices too. We had one child with us (not mine) and she chose fish & chips. As my friend's daughter asked for ice cream for a dessert we were all tempted to have a look at the dessert menu. Again it was hard choice - I could have chosen all options!






Now I can't wait to return to The Beckford Arms and take my husband & children there for a meal, but I know to book it to avoid disappointment. What a fabulous place and extra bonus goes to the absolutely fabulous waitress who served us! It could have not been a better lunch out. 

I still haven't decided if we have found our new favourite pub - or maybe this will be our Wiltshire favourite and Dorset one can be a separate one?

1 comment:

  1. Great blog idea Paula - we too have recently moved (back) to Dorset and with a two year old I will enjoy reading your recommendations! My blog is wwww.chroniclesofdolliedaydream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete